10:53 p.m. Dec. 29 — 2500 block E. 29th St., Jesse Erlenmeyer, 25, 200 block Charles St., South Amherst, arrested and charged with drunken driving and failure to control. Police said Erlenmyer crashed into two other vehicles in the car he was driving. They said he registered a 0.15 in a portable breathalyzer test, nearly twice the legal limit and was unable to provide a valid sample in a Breathalyzer test.
Friday, Dec. 27
- 9:40 p.m. — 5300 block Baumhart Road, a man told police he drove over a pothole and popped both of his front tires but police couldn’t find the pothole he was talking about.
- 9:49 p.m. — 900 block West 18th St., two girls got into a fight over a boy at a party and one girl hit the other.
- 11:30 p.m. — 2300 block Georgia Ave., a woman said a man she knew fought her, broke her phone and threw water on her head over a game of Scrabble.
Saturday, Dec. 28
- 12:05 a.m. — 1600 block East 32nd St., a man told police someone stole his 1992 Ford escort from the street where he usually leaves it parked, unlocked with the keys in the ashtray.
- 2 a.m. — 1700 block East 28th St., a woman told police her sister’s boyfriend got into an argument with her at a bar and he kicked her car.
- 4:27 a.m. — 400 block Oberlin Ave., a surveillance video from Cashland showed someone throwing a brick through the store’s front window.
- 7:30 a.m. — 1800 block East 31st St., a woman told police her son took $30 from her purse.
- 11:12 p.m. — 1100 block E. Erie Ave., responding to a burglar alarm, police said they found an apartment management office back door kicked in. Nothing appeared to have been stolen.
Sunday, Dec. 29
- 12:04 a.m. — 1500 block Long Ave., Andrew Mate, 26, same address, charged with domestic violence but not arrested. A woman who has a child with Mate said he tried to stop her from taking the child during a custody visit and choked her. Police said Mate wouldn’t let them in his home when they knocked on his door.
- 6:30 a.m. — 400 block Kansas Ave., David A. Black, 21, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Black’s brother said he threatened him and they argued over a woman the brother is dating.
- 11 a.m. — 1600 block E. 30th St., A woman let her dog outside but it never came back in. She thinks it was stolen.
- 12:06 p.m. — 1300 block W. Fifth St., Jonathan Santos, 32, same address, charged with domestic violence, but not arrested. Santos’ girlfriend said when she returned home after being out all night he tried to block her from entering their home and then shoved her to the ground. Police said she had a bruise on her right arm and Santos was gone when they arrived.
- 4:50 p.m. — 1300 block Maple Drive, Daniel Kocak, 23, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Kocak’s girlfriend said they argued in their home about their plans for the night. The woman, whom police said had a small scratch on her right cheek, said Kocak tried to choke her and then shoved her to the ground and dragged her. Kocak was arrested walking in the 1600 block of Nebraska Ave. around 7:15 p.m., police said.
- 7:29 p.m. — 2300 block E. 35th St., a resident said someone stole $1,500 worth of tools from her garage Dec. 26.
- 7:50 p.m. — 2500 block E. 32nd St., police said they found a home broken into. The resident said a 12-gauge shotgun was stolen.
- 8:06 p.m. — East 28th Street and Elyria Avenue, Thomas Ryan, 53, 400 block Nantucket Place, Vermilion, arrested and charged with drunken driving. Police said they responded to a report of an erratic driver and when they stopped Ryan he could barely walk and failed a field sobriety test. Ryan admitted to drinking four beers and five or six shots of alcohol, according to police who said he registered a 0.10 in a breathalyzer test. The legal limit is 0.08.
Monday, Dec. 30
- 1:25 a.m. — 1700 block E. 30th St., a resident said someone smashed the two driver’s side windows of her car between 10 p.m. and 10:50 p.m.
- 4 p.m. — Broadway and West Seventh Street, a man said he parked his bicycle worth $150 outside attorney Mike Duff’s office for a “quick minute” and when he came outside he saw a black man, about 6-feet-tall and thin, wearing a long black coat and teal hat ride away on his bike. The man said he ran after the thief, but he got away.
- 4:22 p.m. — 5700 block W. Erie Ave., a man crashed the car he was driving, and police responded they found the man had taken the car from his mother and didn’t have a license.
- 4:57 p.m. — 3100 block Colorado Ave., a man who was fired told people he was going to “shoot up” the building once he was released from a mental hospital.
- 5:30 p.m. — 5300 block Leavitt Road, two men were seen at Super Kmart taking tools and leaving the store without paying.
- 6:42 p.m. — 5700 block Ashland Ave., a man reported his 15-year-old daughter missing. He said his daughter is black, 4 feet, 5 inches tall, and 100 pounds.
Monday, Dec. 30
- 4 p.m. — 100 block Market Drive, a Home Depot employee told police he watched a man take almost $200 worth of merchandise and try to leave without paying.
- 4:30 p.m. — 1000 Chestnut Commons Drive, an employee at Wal-Mart said he watched a woman try to take almost $100 of beauty products from the store.
- 6:45 p.m. — 800 block Oak St., a man said he received a check from a “secret shopper” job opportunity, which he deposited. When he took money out later, he overdrew his account because the check did not go through.
- 8:55 p.m. — 400 block East Ave., a woman said she was at work when her partner came into the store and began threatening her.