Friday, Feb. 7
- 5:53 p.m. — Lorain Police Department, 100 W. Erie Ave., Donald Waltemeyer, 37, no address listed, charged with domestic violence, but not arrested. Waltmeyer’s ex-girlfriend said he has been stalking her around the country and on Feb. 3 shoved her into a wall on Washington Avenue and struck her on the back and chest before she bit him on the hand and he ran away. Police Officer Randall Leiby II said she showed him 16 threatening text messages from the man.
- 10:10 p.m. — Access and Henderson roads, Matthew Britt Jr., 39, 300 block S. Pleasant St., Oberlin, arrested and charged with driving with a suspended license, an improper right turn and driving with an open container of alcohol. Police said they stopped Britt for an improper turn and that he has seven open non-compliance suspensions and two open 12-point suspensions.
Saturday, Feb. 8
- 3:07 a.m. — Grove Avenue and East 28th Street, Tamika James, 21, 100 block Potomac Lane, Elyria, arrested and charged with drunken driving, tailgating, possession of marijuana and carrying an open container of alcohol. Police said James was stopped for tailgating an officer and failed a field sobriety test and failed to register a sample during a Breathalyzer test. Police said she was carrying a small amount of marijuana.
- 2:25 p.m. — Lorain Police Department, 100 W. Erie Ave., a man said his semi-automatic pistol was stolen from his car and he believes the theft occurred in the parking lot at the Family Dollar, 2442 W. 21st St. on Friday afternoon. The man, who has a permit to carry pistols, said the car was unlocked because the battery on his keys that automatically locks the doors died.
- 10:17 p.m. — 900 block E. 32nd St., Larry Moretto Jr., 37, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Moretto’s girlfriend said he has been hitting her and pounded on the door of their home and threatened her when she locked him out. Police said Moretto was sitting inside a vehicle in the driveway of the home and was drunk when arrested.
Sunday, Feb. 9
- 9:46 a.m. — 1500 block E. 30th St., Keith Burton, 34, same address, charged with domestic violence but not arrested. Burton’s ex-wife said she went to his home to give him money, and he refused to let her leave and put his hand over her mouth and shoved her. The ex-wife eventually left the home. Police said Sunday that Burton remained at large.
- 5:48 p.m. —Nord Center group home, 3057 Toledo Ave., Davie Marrero, 28, same address, arrested and charged with menacing. A Nord staffer told police Marrero threatened members of the home and threw items.
Monday, Feb. 10
- 12:10 a.m. — 200 block Illinois Ave., Ralph Blubaugh, age and address not listed, arrested and charged with resisting arrest and obstructing official business. Police said they found Blubaugh lying unconscious on a living room floor, and he charged an officer and swung his fists at him when awoken. Blubaugh was struck twice in the stomach by the officer before being handcuffed. He refused to give his age or Social Security number, police said.