ELYRIA — There were no injuries in a fire that started in a hotel room in Elyria early Thursday and took more than three hours to extinguish.
The fire began a little after midnight in a hotel room at the Ramada Inn, 1825 Lorain Blvd.
The sixth-floor room was empty at the time of the fire, but Elyria fire Marshal Carl Keith said the room was rented to someone.
Keith said the fire began in a heating and air conditioning unit inside the room and it’s not being ruled as suspicious.
Heavy smoke damage and some fire damage were reported in the room.