7:43 p.m. Feb. 14 — 100 block W. College St., Noe Mina, 18, charged with theft. The owner of Gibson’s Bakery said Mina was caught attempting to steal a bottle of wine from the store and Mina ran while the two were waiting for police to arrive. Mina, who admitted to taking the bottle because he wasn’t old enough to buy it, was apprehended after he fell in a deep pile of snow.
Sunday, Feb. 9
- 5:42 p.m. — 100 block W. Lorain St., Oberlin College Safety and Security Office turned in one Ziploc bag containing 13 poppy seed pods. The item was given to police.
- 10:11 p.m. — 100 block W. Lorain St., Oberlin College Safety and Security Office turned in one silver-colored tobacco grinder that contained suspected marijuana residue to police.
Tuesday, Feb. 11
- 1:21 p.m. — 100 block W. Lorain St., Oberlin College Safety and Security Office turned in a small bag containing green vegetable matter to police. Police said no suspects or witnesses were identified with the contraband.
Saturday, Feb. 15
- 12:45 p.m. — 46400 block U.S. Route 20, a woman reported that an iPod was stolen from her daughter’s purse after she left it at Wal-Mart. The purse was turned in to the store, but the iPod was not in the purse.
- 10:09 p.m. — 100 block W. Lorain St., Oberlin College Safety and Security Office turned in a small bag containing suspected marijuana to police.
Wednesday, Feb. 19
- 12:44 a.m. — 100 block N. Professor St., a man reported that his vehicle had been stolen from the Asia House parking lot after he left it unlocked and running in the lot while he talked to a friend. Police found the vehicle stuck in the snow on the east sidewalk of North Professor Street near the Admissions building. The vehicle was not damaged, but the keys were missing.
- 5:45 p.m. — Willard Court near East Lorain Street, a suspicious person reported who was described as a white male in his 30s wearing what appeared to be a school “varsity” style jacket with white sleeves. The suspect was gone on police arrival.
Friday, Feb. 21
- 3:20 p.m. — 100 block S. Main St., a man reported that two fraudulent charges had been made on his debit card in the amount of $289.75.
Saturday, Feb. 22
- 4:07 a.m. — 46400 block U.S. Route 20, Devin Deremiah, 20, of Kipton, cited for underage consumption and theft. Police said Deremiah attempted stealing two jugs of motor oil from Wal-Mart. Deremiah, who admitted to drinking four beers earlier, said he intended to pay for the motor oil, even though he passed the cash registers in the store.