LORAIN — Alcohol may have contributed to the death of fire victim Lonnie Mullett Jr. early Sunday.
A report on the fire said Mullett was “possibly” impaired by alcohol or drugs when the fire occurred in his home at 418 Kentucky Ave. The fire is believed to have been caused by food left unattended on a stove.
Assistant Fire Chief and Fire Marshal Jeff Fenn, who wrote the report, said in a Tuesday interview that his conclusion was based on interviews with people with Mullett hours before his death who said Mullett had been drinking. Gary Wesler, who said he had known the 39-year-old Mullett for 30 years, said in a Sunday interview that Mullett was a good man but “a problem drinker.”