Saturday, March 15
- 2 a.m. — 1700 block E. 37th St., juvenile boy, no age listed, same address, cited for being an unruly child and turned over to his grandmother. Police said the boy cursed his 57-year-old grandmother who uses an air tank and threatened to spit on her. Police said a judicial magistrate turned down their request that the boy be placed in a detention home to ensure the safety of his grandmother, who is his guardian.
- 2:27 a.m. — University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center, 630 East River St., Elyria, a woman said she was walking on Washington Avenue near Central Drive with another woman when three unknown girls confronted the other woman. The woman at the hospital said she was punched and kicked in the body and head. Police said the woman had a swollen left eye, a broken nail and scratches on her body. They said she was unable to give a detailed description of her attackers.
- 5:45 a.m. — 500 block C St., Richard Barlow, 44, 200 block Florida Ave., Lorain, cited for failing to confine a vicious dog. Police Officer Richard Broz said he found Barlow’s pit bull caught in a fence after the dog’s leash got caught in the fence slats. Broz said the dog tried to bite him, but he was able to snare it with a catch pole rather than shoot it.
- 7:09 a.m. — 1900 block Hamilton Ave., a property owner renovating a vacant home said someone smashed a basement window and stole $350 in copper piping.
- 8:21 p.m. — 800 block W. 20th St., Steve Hamilton Jr., 22, 2800 block of Garfield Blvd., Lorain, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Hamilton’s girlfriend said he poked her in the eye, threw food against a wall and then punched her in the side of the face. Police said the woman had no visible injuries. Hamilton was arrested in the area.