2:50 a.m. March 29 — 1100 block Oakwood Drive, Holly Heitche, 22, and Miranda Mills, 21, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Mills told police that her “live-in half unit,” Heitche, punched and scratched her because she was upset that Mills was talking to her brother. Heitche told police that Mills started the fight by punching her in the face. Police were unable to determine who started the fight, as both had physical injuries.
Wednesday, March 26
- 10:23 a.m. — 600 block 49th Street, attempted burglary.
- 11 a.m. — 500 block Bell Ave., theft of medication, percocet was missing from a man’s bathroom. The man informed officers he had friends visiting the day before, but they had left and he took his son to the bus stop outside of the apartment. When he returned, the pills were missing.
- 5 p.m. — 100 block Hawthorne St., theft of two rusty semi-truck rims; a metal fire pit ring with metal pan and a metal portable grill.
- 8:25 p.m. — 700 Broad St., criminal damage reported after a woman discovered her bedroom window had been damaged.
Friday, March 28
- 11:28 a.m. — 600 block Midway Blvd., a manager at Hertz said a vehicle was rented to a man who hasn’t returned it, and he wanted to press charges.
- 2:55 p.m. — 200 block Middle Ave., report of a person pointing a handgun at passing vehicles at Gas USA. Police said the suspect was a 14-year-old boy with a pellet gun, who admitted having the gun but denied pointing it at vehicles.
- 11:30 p.m. — 600 block Eastern Heights Blvd., James Whetstone, 62, 900 block Fairwood St., arrested and charged with disorderly conduct – intoxicated and resisting arrest. Police found Whetstone on his hands and knees after officers were called by LifeCare in reference to a severely intoxicated man. Police said Whetstone took an “aggressive stance” toward officers, making threatening gestures, and resisted arrest.
Saturday, March 29
- 3:40 a.m. — 9800 block Murray Ridge Road, Denzel Derrico, 19, 200 block of Idaho Drive, arrested and charged with criminal damaging. Two witnesses told police that they saw Derrico throw a brick through the kitchen window of their neighbor’s residence and attempt to enter it. The owner of the home told police that Derrico was a friend and had no idea why he would break her window. Derrico was arrested by Lorain County Sheriff’s Office.