10:38 p.m. April 26 — 1700 block Leavitt Road, a woman said she let her dog out. She said she saw a husky black man wearing a white hooded sweatshirt and dark jeans come on her property, pick up the dog and walk away with it.
Friday, April 25
- 9:55 a.m. — 5900 block Gargasz Drive, unwanted woman.
- 12:28 p.m. — 3500 block Pin Oak Drive, Kellen Goode, 32, 3900 block W. Erie Ave., charged with domestic violence.
- 1:52 p.m. — 2800 block Colorado Ave., apartment reported damaged by tenant.
- 3:38 p.m. — 600 block E St., prescription medication found.
- 5:45 p.m. — 600 block W. 24th St., change, wallet and other items stolen during burglary.
- 9:36 p.m. — 3250 Dayton Ave., car vandalized.
- 10:15 p.m. — 1800 Long Ave., Cynthia Boogher, 31, Sandusky, charged with possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia; and Charles Robinson, 57, Oberlin, cited for unattended motor vehicle.
- 10:28 p.m. — 1600 block E. 34th St., Blu-Ray player, change, laptop stolen during burglary.
Saturday, April 26
- 12:44 a.m. — 1500 block Nevada Ave., Wilfred Osorio, 49, same address, charged with domestic violence.
- 3:34 a.m. — 400 block Broadway, Dale Dye, 35, same address, charged with disturbing the peace.
- 3:48 a.m. — Grove Avenue and Homewood Drive, Kevin Thorpe, 21, 4100 block Columbus Lane, arrested and charged with drunken driving. Police said when they arrived Thorpe was passed out in the Chevrolet Silverado he was driving, which was slowly moving toward the intersection. They said Thorpe smelled of alcohol, failed a field sobriety test and registered a nearly 0.13 blood-alcohol content in a Breathalyzer test.
- 5:31 p.m. — 1800 block E. 37th St., a resident said she left her home about 10 a.m. and when she returned about 4:50 p.m., she found the front door, which she said she locked, unlocked. She said electronics worth about $2,050 were stolen.
- 6:35 p.m. — 1200 block W. 34th St., the owner of a vacant rental property said the front door was forced open and about $200 worth of copper piping stolen from the basement.
- 8:47 p.m. — 2400 block Crehore St., Wilson Haugh Jr., 43, 3400 block Crehore St., arrested and charged with domestic violence, unlawful restraint and disrupting public service.
- 10:43 p.m. — 1100 block W. Sixth St., a man whom police said was bloody and bruised said he was beaten by a man he has known for about a year. He said he was drinking beer with the man at the complainant’s home when he decided not to rent a room to the man because the man is an alcoholic. The complainant said a fight started between the two shortly after he told the man he wasn’t going to rent him the room
Sunday, April 27
- 12:46 a.m. — Body of Christ Glorious Church, 2116 W. 23rd St., the church pastor said someone broke a basement window, causing $450 in damage.
- 7:36 p.m. — 2500 block W. Erie Ave., a woman told police the father of her child was yelling at her in front of their child.
- 10:30 p.m. — 1500 block E. 30th St., a man who ran from police was arrested on a warrant out of Lorain and another out of Elyria.
- 11:59 p.m. — Intersection of Lexington Avenue and West 15th Street, police pulled over a driver who seemed nervous around officers. After a search, they found a pill bottle of marijuana inside his pocket.