Friday, June 6
- 10:35 p.m. —1900 block Long Ave., a woman said she saw a man driving a green pickup with a large advertising magnet along the tailgate tried to get her young daughter to talk to him. She said she grabbed her daughter and the truck sped off. She described the driver as white or Latino, between 40 and 50, and wearing glasses.
Saturday, June 7
- 3:04 a.m. — 1200 block Reid Ave., Earl Calvert, 23, 15000 block Sperry Road, Vermilion, arrested and charged with trespassing and disorderly conduct by intoxication. Police said a resident told them she found Calvert on his back in her driveway with part of his body under her vehicle and that he refused to leave.
- 11:03 a.m. — Mercy Regional Medical Center, 3700 Kolbe Road, a woman said her mother, who is in the intensive care unit of the hospital, had her purse, containing cash, credit cards and her driver’s license, stolen.
- 11:51 a.m. — 1400 block Herbert Drive, a resident said her juvenile daughter attempted suicide by taking 20 pills from a bottle with the label scratched off. The girl said she took the pills because someone posted on the Internet that she will have sex for 25 cents. The girl said she has been contacted by several people since the post.
- 1:04 p.m. — 3100 block Amherst Ave., a woman said between Sunday and Saturday, someone broke into her vacant home and stole $1,000 worth of copper piping.
- 7:41 p.m. — Lorain Police Department, 100 W. Erie Ave., Danny Ferrell, 57, 1000 block W. Erie Ave., Lorain, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Ferrell’s wife, whom police said had no marks or scratches on her face, said he knocked a plate of food out of her hands and slapped her across the face.
- 11:42 p.m. — 4400 block Forest Hills Drive, Michael Hallis, 42, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Police said Hallis’ girlfriend, whom they said had a swollen lip, told them they argued on their front porch before he shoved her to the ground, grabbed her by the head and threw her against the side of their home.