3:07 a.m. June 22 — 200 block W. 29th St., Megan Zaenglein, 21, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Zaenglein’s mother, whom police said had a bloody mouth and bruised arms, said her daughter hit her in the mouth with a cognac bottle when the mother said she tried to stop Zaenglein from driving a car while drunk. The mother said Zaenglein is an alcoholic and doesn’t have a license. Police said Zaenglein was drunk, but she denied hitting her mother. They said a car key was found in Zaenglein’s underwear.
Friday, June 20
- 5:09 p.m. — 1300 block W. 11th St., a man said his mother’s vacant house was burglarized with copper pipes and electronics stolen. He said there was a combined $1,200 in damages and stolen property.
- 10:36 p.m. — 400 block Hamilton Ave., Betty Jo Muck, 31, 300 block W. Seventh St., Lorain, charged with domestic violence but not arrested. A man who has a 2-year-old son with Muck said she is a drug addict who came to his home seeking money and to see their son. He said when he told Muck to leave, she threatened to kill him before leaving. Police said they couldn’t find Muck in the area.
Saturday, June 21
- 8:27 a.m. — 800 block W. 19th St., a woman said someone burglarized her locked car parked in her driveway overnight. She said about $900 worth of items were stolen.
- 11:01 a.m. — 900 block S. Central Drive, a resident said someone burglarized her car, which was parked in front of her home overnight. She said someone pushed through plastic covering a broken rear driver’s side window and stole $200.
- 12:58 p.m. — 4200 block Homewood Dr. a resident said someone burglarized her home overnight with entry through an unlocked kitchen window. She said a television and a video game system worth a combined $300 were stolen. Police said they found a cell phone that the woman said didn’t belong to her connected to a cell phone charger in the living room.
- 5:03 p.m. — 1300 block W. 11th St., a resident said someone burglarized her detached garage overnight, stealing a coin collection worth $2,000.
- 8:22 p.m. — East 28th Street and Fulton Road, a 17-year old Lorain juvenile was charged with obstructing official business, reckless operation, riding left of center, failure to comply and riding without a bicycle license. Police said the bicyclist nearly caused several head-on accidents with cars and then ran from them when they tried to stop him.
- 10:23 p.m. — 200 block Georgia Ave., Floyd Howell, 34, same address, charged with violation of a temporary protection order but not arrested. A woman who has a TPO against Howell said he came to her home and when she told him to leave, he argued with her and smashed a window. Police said Howell ran from them when they tried to arrest him.
Sunday, June 22
- 1:40 a.m. — Mercy Regional Medical Center, 3700 Kolbe Road, a woman said she was struck in the forehead by another woman during a fight at a family party Saturday night at the Knights of Columbus, 4720 Oberlin Ave. She said the argument began over the woman’s boyfriend, who has a relationship with the alleged victim’s niece. Police said they advised the woman to file a complaint with the Lorain prosecutor’s office.
- 1:55 a.m. — 2300 block Hamilton Ave., a woman said her ex-boyfriend came to her home drunk, accused her of having another man in her home and then smashed the front door’s glass pane before leaving.