Monday, July 28
- 12:13 a.m. — 800 block W. 10th St., Mark Watchorn, 22, same address, arrested and charged with domestic violence. Watchorn’s sister said he grabbed her by the arms and threw her down during a family argument between the sister and her parents. She said he intervened to protect his mother. Watchorn later turned himself in to police and told an officer he was not trying to hurt his sister.
- 4:44 p.m. — Dollar General, 425 W. Fourth St., George Garrett, 51, 3900 block W. Erie Ave., arrested and charged with assault. A store security guard said Garrett shoved him when he asked him to leave the store. The store manager said Garrett had been lying on the sidewalk outside the store asking customers for money before being asked to leave.
- 6:04 p.m. — 1800 block Hamilton Ave., Michael Padilla, 26, 1000 block W. 18th St., arrested and charged with misconduct at an emergency. Police said Padilla repeatedly refused to stop confronting a woman involved in a fight with a neighbor as police investigated the incident.
Tuesday, July 29
- 12:48 a.m. — 1400 block W. Erie Ave., Christopher Carpenter, 38, same address, charged with domestic violence, but not arrested. Carpenter’s ex-girlfriend said while she was at work, a neighbor dropped off the woman’s 14-year-old daughter and 7-year-old son, who had fled to the neighbor’s home. The woman said her daughter told her Carpenter kicked in a bedroom door when they refused to let him in and threatened to kill the daughter and her mother. Police, who took photos of the broken door, said while talking to the woman, Carpenter called her on the phone. They said he agreed to come to the Police Department, but he never showed up.
- 8:01 a.m. — Horizon Science Academy, 760 Tower Blvd., a maintenance man said someone shattered a window in the back of the school.
- 8:36 a.m. — 1500 block E. 30th St., a woman said someone crushed a box of insulin capsules on her front lawn that had been mailed to her and were in her mailbox. A witness said she saw a 6-year-old neighbor do it and was able to save one box.
- 10:08 a.m. — 2600 block Caroline Ave., a resident said someone stole solar lights worth $77 from his front yard overnight.
- 10:46 a.m. — 1100 block W. 18th St., a man from a management company overseeing a vacant house said someone shattered basement and first-floor windows.
- 11:03 a.m. — 2300 block Washington Ave, the mother of a juvenile boy whose age was not listed in a police report said he drank cough syrup to try to commit suicide. The boy was hospitalized at Mercy Regional Medical Center.