ELYRIA — In the last two months, seven city employees have received pay raises and promotions.
Documents from the city auditor’s office show the elevations in pay and position all were done at the end of June by Elyria Mayor Bill Grace, who was defeated in May’s Democratic primary.
Those receiving raises are:
- Preston Curtiss, a 16-year employee in the Street Department, who went from a service worker Class 1 with a commercial driver’s license at the base salary of $38,916.80 to a foreman with a base salary of $45,736. The promotion was effective June 29.
- Gary Kothe, in the Water Distribution Department, who went from a service worker Class 1 with a base salary of $39,208 to a foreman with a base salary of $45,736. Kothe has been with the city since November 1999.
- Rodney Eye, who went from being the Sanitation Department foreman at a base salary of $45,738 to the assistant street superintendent with a base salary of $51,617. His raise was effective June 26.
- Richard Boone, a 17-year city employee, who went from being a leadman Class 2 with a commercial driver’s license to a foreman in the Sanitation Department. The promotion had a $4,326 pay increase as he went from making a base salary of $41,410 to a base salary of $45,736.
- Katherine E. Legard, who works in the Public Utilities Department, went from being classified as a computer operator Class 3 with a base salary of $40,803 to a foreman with a base salary of $45,736.
- Koury Henderson, who was named the new assistant information technology director effective June 26. The base salary of the new position is $53,766. Henderson was a system manager with a base salary of $51,418 prior to his promotion.
- Brian Rothgery, a 21-year city employee, who went from being an IT systems manager with a base salary of $51,418 to the new director of information technology with a base salary of $65,993. His pay increase was $14,575.
Mayor Bill Grace defended the promotions.
“These people have all proven themselves,” Grace said. “I stand by all of these individuals. There is not a single position anyone could make a credible claim that these are political appointments.”
Contact Lisa Roberson at 329-7146 or firstname.lastname@example.org.