CARLISLE TWP. — No one was injured in a house fire that broke out around 8:40 p.m. Wednesday at a West Ridge Road home.
Firefighters and neighbors initially worried that Linda and Terry Janik, the couple who live in the home, were inside, but no one was in the home.
Neighbor Dan Rector, who lives across the street, said he ran to the home and opened an unlocked back door.
“There was no way to get inside, the smoke was so thick,” Rector said.
Linda Janik fought back tears as she watched the house burn after she and her husband arrived about 10 p.m.
Smoke was still billowing from the home at 10 p.m., but the fire appeared to be under control.
See Thursday’s Chronicle for the full story.