Avon Lake police
Wednesday, Aug. 28
- 12:42 p.m. - 500 block Jaycox Road, report of a trespasser who tried to throw "an anti-mosquito pellet" into the caller's retention pond.
- 2:42 p.m. - No location given, a man reported receiving calls from "Special Agent with the DEA Gary Orgento," who accused him of ordering illegal drugs online. Police told the man that the call was a scam.
Thursday, Aug. 29
- 5:40 p.m. - 100 block Forest Hill Drive, report of a home being entered.
Friday, Aug. 30
- 7:35 p.m. - 33400 block Lake Road, a woman reportedly came into a business on two nights and attempted to sell a carton of Malboro cigarettes for $25. The woman was described as heavyset with short hair in her 20s or 30s.
Saturday, Aug. 31
- 12:21 a.m. - Jaycox Road and Firestone Drive, report of shots fired in the area. Police said it was quiet when officers arrived.
- 3:28 p.m. - 100 block Jaycox Road, a woman reported that a neighbor's goat was causing a noise disturbance. The goat's owner told police the goat just arrived, and it should calm down in a few days.
Sunday, Sept. 1
- 8:36 p.m. - Inwood Boulevard, report of fireworks near the Police Department. Officers were unable to locate them.
Monday, Sept. 2
- 2:42 a.m. - 500 block Treeside Lane, a woman reported that someone was in her home because she could hear noises downstairs. Police said the scene was clear and the noise was a sprinkler hitting the front door.
- 3:52 p.m. - Moore Road, a caller reported that a man was walking on the side of the road, wearing a bullet proof vest and backpack. Police said the person was not acting suspiciously.
Tuesday, Sept. 3
- 5:12 p.m. - 32300 block Walker Road, a caller reported a female driving a black Mini Cooper picked up recycling that belonged to her and a neighbor.
- 10:33 p.m. - 100 block Moore Road, report of shots fired near the south side of Westview. Nothing located.