LORAIN -- No one was in the apartment when a fire broke out in the bedroom in a duplex at the corner of Eastlawn Street and Pennsylvania Avenue Monday around 2 p.m.
No civilians were hurt, but Firefighter Rob Hendershot cut himself on a piece of glass that got stuck in his arm and he was taken to the emergency room.
The duplex was evacuated and the Lorain Fire Department extinguished the fire in apartment 1401 at 2:32 p.m. A man, woman and two young children live in the apartment, but were not present during the fire.
There is heavy fire damage to the bedroom, according to Capt. Todd Kieswetter. He added that the family will not be able to stay in the apartment because of the damage.